Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driveway rock cab  (Read 1123 times)

Quitclayton

• I spelled my own name wrong..bugger.
Driveway rock cab
« on: September 22, 2017, 02:45:14 PM »

I was at a local fair the other day and a friend picked up an odd shaped piece of shale out of the parking area and tossed it to me.

''Here...make one of your shiny rocks out of that.'' she said...so I did.

I'm not sure what to do with it though.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Driveway rock cab
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 07:01:25 PM »

Many of us will cut anything interesting just for  the experience .

Eric686

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 07:50:29 PM »

I'm not sure what to do with it though.

Drill a hole in it and put it on a black cord maybe a couple of onyx beads on either side of it.

MonVictorian

• Natures Handprints
  • Minerals & Gemstones Mother Natures Handprints
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 01:32:00 AM »

Could have it wire-wrapped as to not destroy the beauty of the stone... and make a pendant, or a bolo-tie or.... silversmith it into a bracelet? Or........ glue it onto a drinking cup or a spoon handle, somewhere where you could look at it all the time.... and remember the memory behind it.....

Almost reminded me of an orthoceras fossil [squid] - - I attached a pic below of the orthoceras fossil.
"In order to be effective, the truth must penetrate, like an arrow, and that is likely to hurt."
"Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission.
Animals, like all living things, are conscious beings. Everything is consciousness; everything vibrates and emits a frequency.

Quitclayton

• I spelled my own name wrong..bugger.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »

I like the cup idea actually. A nice thick white mug, recess the stone into it a little. Ill give that some thought.

I love those fossils too...It does remind me of them now that you mention it.

Also, it would probably look great on a necklace too, maybe set in a silver frame. I'm not sure if would need any accent beads though..it may be nice enough to stand on its own with just some framework to set it off...but Ill draw up some variations with all your ideas. Thankies!

MonVictorian

• Natures Handprints
  • Minerals & Gemstones Mother Natures Handprints
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 11:55:17 PM »

:icon_thumleft:
"In order to be effective, the truth must penetrate, like an arrow, and that is likely to hurt."
"Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission.
Animals, like all living things, are conscious beings. Everything is consciousness; everything vibrates and emits a frequency.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 38 queries.