Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Sandsave and his Jackpot Jasper Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filling and painting Chrysocolla/Cuprite  (Read 67 times)

Enigmatrix

Filling and painting Chrysocolla/Cuprite
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:07:32 PM »

Hi

I am trying to fill a small pit in my crhysocolla cuprite precious stone which was lightly damaged. I want to fill the small hole and then paint it over so that it'll be the same color with something that'll be permanent, or at least that'll last for many months so I won't have to repaint it so often because I always travel with my stones in my pockets every day it's what gives me fun holding them.

I've been told Opticon could help but then the seller told me this wouldn't be a good idea as for painting it over after.

Could you help about what product to fill, to paint or draw with ink and then to seal would be efficient in that matter?

Thank you

p.s. If the pics are not clear enough feel free to ask for better ones I have no other camera but if needed I could arrange to borrow one from someone

Jhon P

Re: Filling and painting Chrysocolla/Cuprite
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:12:33 PM »

Have got any of the rock that you can take a small piece and crush it fine and mix it with 330 epoxy and use a toothpick to work it into the pits than sand and polish?  That’s what I have done before

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Filling and painting Chrysocolla/Cuprite
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »

I agree , good advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 24 queries.