Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mhpj  (Read 1215 times)

HOOKEDONROCKS

mhpj
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:00:20 PM »

This one catches my eye

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: mhpj
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:19:11 PM »

Boy that one is something else and not what I expect since it is totally different from the brecciated material and I assume it is from the same area.  We hunted a huge wash once near Parkfield when the rancher who was supposed to allow the stone canyon jasper to be collected cancelled at the last minute the material you have been showing looks like the material we got from the wash.   He did let us have 2 trips in after that.

HOOKEDONROCKS

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 08:59:44 PM »

Hey Steve,
 I have never been to parkfield, nor Stone Canyon,
But they sound like my kinda place.
Lucky for me there are a few local creeks
With stuff worth picking up.
The Poppy stuff is very few and far between
Will post more goodies

55fossil

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:08:41 AM »

Just because you find a rock in the hills or a creek does not mean it was native to that area.   

I use to hunt rock on Daryl Friends ranch which included a section of Trout Creek. This is near Ashwood (Madras) Oregon. I showed Daryl some of the unusual pieces I was finding not far from his house. Turns out that there was a guy upriver who had a rock business. He would toss his unwanted rocks into trout Creek...  Yep, they washed down through the ranch during spring floods.   

As a person who has had several claims I often tossed my leftovers into the creeks and hills around Succor Creek, Oregon. I put about a ton of jaspers and agates on a hill near one of my claims.

In my early days I was caught more than once looking for where a beautiful rock came from. ??????

Steve Ramsdell

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 06:31:51 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks to all the collectors gathering materials, trading and selling rocks from these areas.  Without you, we in other parts of the country, would never see or get a chance to work with these materials.
Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 35 queries.