Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to irockhound and his Condor Agate cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

All new members, just an FYI -- we are moving to a new server so there is a slight possibility you may have to re-register, not much possibility but a slight chance. if you are accidently left out of the move, please re-join. we are moving to a new hosting with better services. The move should be glitch free, but glitch free doesnt always happen 100%. Randy.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rough fire agate i just purchased  (Read 226 times)

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
rough fire agate i just purchased
« on: May 11, 2017, 07:01:23 PM »

On facebook, in one of the many fire agate or rock groups i belong to.
This rough tumbled piece sold as a windowed fire agate was posted for $8 & shipping.
I sent $24 so he will throw in a bunch of other windows also.

I plan (if this has no cracks that arent showing in the photo) to make this a single of double bump silver ring for my wife.
One of these days that is, when i feel like tinkering (or actually making a mess on our brand new wash machine which i am scared to death of scuffing for fear my wonderful wife will kill me)........... :LOLOL: :LOLOL:

Cant wait to see what he throws in the bag for the extra i sent him from the sale of my blue heart pendant (that helped us eat in disneyland while there)

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
Re: rough fire agate i just purchased
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 07:03:30 PM »

I got this other one from him awhile back, I am leaving it natural and will drill it for a pendant after highly polishing the fire only and removing the thin white stuff in the valleys.
It ended up having a fracture in it, i will try my best to remove that, or have it filled with clear UV curing resin..

raven.worldlrnr

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »

Wow, BEAUTIFUL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Asianfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 08:26:56 AM »

Yes, leave the second one (picture), as is. Just touch it up and remove the obvious dirt and white calcite. Should do the trick and will give you a good look when polished up.

If you are lucky, the agate might be as clean as in this piece
Anything not given, is lost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 26 queries.