Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to irockhound and his Condor Agate cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

All new members, just an FYI -- we are moving to a new server so there is a slight possibility you may have to re-register, not much possibility but a slight chance. if you are accidently left out of the move, please re-join. we are moving to a new hosting with better services. The move should be glitch free, but glitch free doesnt always happen 100%. Randy.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Madras/Prineville shows this summer?  (Read 179 times)

Kaljaia

Madras/Prineville shows this summer?
« on: June 03, 2017, 11:23:57 AM »

Anyone heading to the Madras or Prineville shows this summer? I'm not able to go, thought I'd have a day off in the mix there but doesn't look like it right now- my scheduled full day off during the Prineville show just got eaten by some early-arriving summer guests, so I'll be taking half-days when I can find them instead. Might make it to Madras.

- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon. 90% of what I post is from this area, from private property where I have permission to hike and collect. The material I find is for personal use only, I do not have landowner permission to sell. Thanks for understanding!

rocks2dust

• rocks2dust items on ebid.net
Re: Madras/Prineville shows this summer?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 11:43:22 AM »

I'm planning on one or both, but guests rotating in and out both weeks is also a problem here. I cannot plan ahead, so I'll just have to squeeze in whenever I have a break. Seems early this year, but for anyone considering going later this month, here are the schedules and digs:
Prineville show
Madras show
(unfortunately, the actual Madras website insists on having a Flash player that I won't load due to security concerns)

socalagatehound

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:13:21 PM »

I try to go every year but summer soccer tournaments kept getting in the way.  I'll try again this year since I have no tournaments. But I am saving up for a Texas trip in the fall.  Hopes and dreams.... :Bash:

Craig

bobby1

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:50:05 PM »

Mt wife and I are going for a couple days and then over to the coast to visit her uncle in Coos Bay.
Bob

fossilman

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:19:47 AM »

I hear the Madras Pow Wow isn't as good as the Prineville Pow Wow....Many sellers,skipping Madras and just doing the other Pow Wow...
God,family and life!!

rocks2dust

• rocks2dust items on ebid.net
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 12:03:40 PM »

Madras has many more vendors (some years about double), but my impression is that Prineville often has more local NW vendors. Many people decide which based upon which normally closed digs that each show will be hosting (or where they will go to dig on their own before or after). Prineville is certainly more a hub for the most popular public digs.

Thankfully, neither show coincides with the August eclipse (both are on the path), as they are expecting a madhouse. Prineville show starts a week from today (June 15-18), and Madras one week after (June 22-25).

The Wild Ginger

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 04:48:44 PM »

Im making the drive down for a nice week and a half rockhound trip myself! I will be in Prineville June 15-June 19 for the Prineville Pow-Wow and their trips. Then, im joining my club in the mountains on the 19 for a few days of mountain and desert fun. On the 22nd, we are all coming back into Madras for their Pow-Wow until that coming Sunday. Hopefully, I will come home with just a few rocks  :toothy10:

Kaljaia

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 11:09:36 PM »

(If anyone braves the buses and construction trucks to try for donnybrook t-eggs let me know, if I'm not absolutely slammed at work I'll trot up the hill and say hi) I don't think there's a field trip for them but sometimes people wander up during the shows.
- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon. 90% of what I post is from this area, from private property where I have permission to hike and collect. The material I find is for personal use only, I do not have landowner permission to sell. Thanks for understanding!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 33 queries.