Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to irockhound and his Condor Agate cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: brenda red top  (Read 136 times)

montanajohn

brenda red top
« on: June 18, 2017, 06:09:25 AM »

I had not seen any hi-grade brenda red top for many years until gem fellers beautiful cab last month.  Does anyone know if there is still some out there?  The rough pieces on etsy do not look enticing.  That particular shade of nature's red is addictive.
Thanks

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: brenda red top
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »

I moved this to the proper area of the forum.
That red top was killer wasn't it?
I hope someone knows of a source for some that can be of assistance to you.
-Amanda
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/EnchantedRegalia
http://www.pinterest.com/amandabielski/
https://www.facebook.com/enchantedregalia/

Coincidence is G-d's way of staying anonymous.  -Rabbi David Abrahams

Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways, it can change someone else's life forever. - Comedian Margaret Cho.

A man wearing a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football!!!  (From an email message I received - so true!)

gemfeller

• Art Cut Gems
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 03:37:26 PM »

Sorry I can't help with the location status.  My cab was cut from a slab I bought at a show.  Wish I knew of a source for quality rough but no cigar.

mirkaba

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:05:15 PM »

I have a small stash of Brenda Agate. I doubt that it is high grade but some of it appears to be interesting. I have not cut any yet. I had actually forgotten about it.

Slabbercabber

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 05:00:34 AM »

A few years back we spent a couple of days wandering the collecting area.  When doing this, I generally spend at least 10 hours per day actually looking.  We found nothing of quality.  Plenty pf color, but just not that great.  I have no doubt there is plenty still there, but nothing seems to be weathering out.  There were other people in the area but I don't know if they were rockhounding or just four wheeling in the desert.  In any case, I would have to say that the source is thoroughly worked over.  Old collections are your best hope here.

montanajohn

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 04:54:26 PM »

Thank you for the information gentlemen.  I had a few small pieces came from an estate rock shop 25 years ago and have kept stones and resulting jewelry for family use as they are quite unique.  I did not have a name for this agate until I saw yours gem feller.  There is a whole lot of cool things to learn out there
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 31 queries.