Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epoxy Resin Coating is Splotchy  (Read 2699 times)

AveIArts

Epoxy Resin Coating is Splotchy
« on: February 13, 2019, 06:02:06 PM »

I don't know if this is the correct placement for my post. If not please move it where it belongs.

I'm creating bottle wind chimes and coating the paper labels with a 2 step clear epoxy . The only problem I have on some of the bottles is the resin soaks through and makes the labels splotchy looking.

Is there any other coating I can use that won't do this? I can't sell them with splotchy labels!
Any and all advice or tips would be appreciated.
...the answer my friend, is hidden under a rock!
Anita

VegasJames

Re: Epoxy Resin Coating is Splotchy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:08:57 PM »

Have you tried decoupage, which is basically white glue with an alkalizer to neutralize the acid in the glue so it will not yellow with age.

Slabbercabber

Re: Epoxy Resin Coating is Splotchy
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 03:21:28 PM »

I actually have no experience with this but I would try spraying with art fixitif if it is still sold.  Otherwise I'd spray with clear urethane. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 31 queries.