Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reversible Pendant, Purple Cow Jasper and Argentium  (Read 1574 times)

womanwithatorch

• womanwithatorch.com
Reversible Pendant, Purple Cow Jasper and Argentium
« on: September 15, 2016, 12:18:44 PM »

Happy Trails / The Mingling, reversible pendant of Purple Cow Jasper and Argentium Sterling Silver.
The purple cow jasper was generously donated by Redrummd in return for accepting his forum donation challenge back in May.  Thanks again Redrummd!  I've entered the pendant in a juried exhibition, "Storytelling in Metal" hosted by the Florida Society of Goldsmiths, .  (Jurying hasn't begun  yet.)  Both sides of the pendant have a story, too long to post here. If you're interested, see my blog: http://www.womanwithatorch.com/blog

thanks for looking!
"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I might learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Reversible Pendant, Purple Cow Jasper and Argentium
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 02:26:31 PM »

This is a very beautiful pendant. 
I really like how you did the metal work around the stone.   :thumbsup:

Jhon P

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 09:22:36 PM »

It's alive!!! a vine is growing on it.  Way cool, good to see something different.
Good luck with the exhibition.

womanwithatorch

• womanwithatorch.com
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 06:23:30 PM »

Thank you! That's exactly what I was going for. The story that goes with it is all about a beautiful walk in the woods, where lots of tangled vines grow! Alas, it did not make it into  the Storytelling in Metal show. I'm not discouraged, I know my work isn't mainstream and this one is pretty far out, even for me! I do love to tell a good story so I'm happy about it.
"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I might learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 33 queries.