Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plume Bumble Bee Jasper Buckle  (Read 2155 times)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Plume Bumble Bee Jasper Buckle
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:33:31 PM »

When I was in Quartzsite 2 years ago a gentleman had the bottom of a shipping crate still filled with Bumble Bee Jasper (we know it's not Jasper).  I saw one really thick slab of material that had plumes in the sulfur layer and it went straight into my purchase pile and sat in my garage for 2 years.  I thought it would make a good buckle.  I sliced it pretty thin so I could get a couple buckles out of the slab so I backed it with Basenite and then an Optical Quartz cap for protection since it is after all a belt buckle and then put it in a White Brass buckle and ground it down.  Like the Durmortierite buckle, I decided to polish the buckle also.

I added a close up of the plumes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 28 queries.