Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saying Hello  (Read 1339 times)

OldeTimeDC

Saying Hello
« on: March 24, 2021, 09:40:52 AM »

Just a simple "Hello"......just joined but been around forever. I'm a Watch and Clock Maker with many interests, one of which is Geology/Lapidary. I also restore old vintage machinery (from all trades) which right now I'm working on a Frantom 18" slab saw. I might post some progress pics once I figure out where to post it. Also need to ask a couple questions on one if there's anyone here who has one. Maybe message me? Anyway looking forward to hearing from anyone.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 10:35:32 AM »

Welcome . Where you from?

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 02:03:36 PM »

S. California

Stonemon

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 05:09:13 PM »

Howdy from western Oregon.
I have a Frantom 24" which is very similar to you saw. If there is anything i particular I can be of help with, let me know.

Bill

kent

• Fine Woodwork and Lapidary
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 05:20:11 PM »

Hello from Napa !. Progress pics are always welcome and can benefit those that need machinery break down photos.

Pics are easy to post if you pre-size them. I use "Pix-resizer"  https://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

It's free software and easy to use. I usually go to 450 x 600 which posts well on this site.

I don't know if there is a post tutorial on this site but if you have trouble posting yell out and someone will help.

Cheers !

Kent

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 07:13:56 PM »

Welcome from Seattle area!

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 10:42:41 PM »

Hello from Napa !. Progress pics are always welcome and can benefit those that need machinery break down photos. Pics are easy to post if you pre-size them. I use "Pix-resizer"  https://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/ It's free software and easy to use. I usually go to 450 x 600 which posts well on this site. I don't know if there is a post tutorial on this site but if you have trouble posting yell out and someone will help. Cheers ! Kent

Appreciate the offer but I already know what to do since I'm not new to forums.....I'm just a "newbie" here. But I'm not afraid to ask if I have any problems...thanks 

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 11:16:14 PM »

Howdy from western Oregon.......I have a Frantom 24" which is very similar to you saw. If there is anything i particular I can be of help with, let me know.

Thanks Stonemon......once I start the progress thread I might look you up........the saw I have is approx a 1950s model but the badge and model plates arent there but I have talked to Diamond Pacific (Highland Park wasn't alot of help) and got some questions answered. I usually do lots of research and pics before I do any disassembly and try to obtain manuels with Parts breakdown to see what was original and what was monkeyed with from a past owner. It will be slow going since I already have several projects in the works......this saw, a vintage 14" Delta wood and metal bandsaw with art deco base...ca 1950, Rockwell 12" Disc Sander ca 1962 and a Rock Island #574 Vice...ca 1940-1950s, I found in like new shape to upgrade/retire my other one in my shop.

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 11:58:12 PM »

......And just in case anyone assumes I'm new to Gems and Minerals......here's some of my Sphere Collection

20210324_233408A.jpg
*20210324_233408A.jpg (124.62 kB . 940x487 - viewed 161 times)

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 03:36:26 AM »

As I said I would......I started my Frantom Rock Saw Restore thread here:

http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php?topic=5948.msg43702#msg43702

VegasJames

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 11:52:42 PM »

Welcome from Las Vegas.

Felicia

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 11:38:15 AM »

Welcome. Look forward to seeing your work.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 08:43:22 PM »

Welcome from Washington.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 51 queries.