Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howdy from Michigan  (Read 806 times)

GeoTech

Howdy from Michigan
« on: August 05, 2020, 02:40:04 AM »

Although quite new to Lapidary work, I got interested in rocks walking the Great Lakes beaches with my mother back in the 1950's. It wasn't until a friend showed me his basement shop (and my retirement) that "pushed" me over the edge to embark in another hobby. This past winter staying in Mesa Az at an RV park I was sucked into their Lapidary shop & got "stoned" on the beautiful work everyone was doing!
We had joined up with the Flint Rock & Gem club & by chance happened upon & deal for some old Poly Products grinders, along with a 10" Frantom saw! I am in the process of tearing them all down & cleaning everything up as they have set for quite some time in a basement. I know I have a bazillion questions as most newbie lapidaryists (if there's such a word?) will have, and will be seeing you all on other pages. Thank you

Stonemon

Re: Howdy from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 07:13:19 AM »

Welcome from western Oregon!

Bill

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 10:05:01 PM »

Plenty of answers on these forums and tons of people willing to share.  Welcome to Lapidary Anonymous my name is Steve and I have a rock habit lol.   Welcome from So Cal.

VegasJames

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 12:20:14 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 01:53:15 PM »

Welcome from the chilly northwest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 35 queries.