Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setup for making beads  (Read 760 times)

Pebblehopper

Setup for making beads
« on: November 20, 2015, 09:59:50 PM »

It was a while back when it was suggested that I look up Lopaki's tutorial on making beads. A good suggestion! Do any of you bead makers have tweets to Lopaki's setup or other suggestions for setting up for making beads. I'm in the process of gathering hardware now so just checking for other ideas prior to 'launching' into the unknown. Thanks.

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
Re: Setup for making beads
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 06:16:09 AM »

I dont think anyone tweets around here but the birds haha dive into that unknown and show us the results :-)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 08:58:54 AM »

Instead of the spinner bead lopacky calls for , the little bead that acts as a bearing , I have come to like little nylon versions which are real tough and harder yo lose as they are while. You may have to grind them down a bit and you will learn how tough they are if you do that . I get  the little nylon things in the nuts and bolts department of a real hardware store. The spinning action is on or off to tell you the truth, it is not easy to get the stone spinning at times and keeping it going as you try to shape the entire contour of the bead can be very difficult. Sic sanding belts or flat discs do work better for keeping the stone moving.Lopacki spends huge amount of time on any given bead so using his polishing method is probably not going to be efficient for you. You are going to have to invent a lot of the procedure as you go as we all did according to your equipment and preferences.

Pebblehopper

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:03:11 PM »

Thanks to you two guys, I'll be digging in once the holidays are simmered down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 32 queries.