Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer fun  (Read 1352 times)

Asianfire

• Global Moderator
Summer fun
« on: July 02, 2018, 10:28:02 PM »

Summer is here, time to be out and about.
No Rock hunting for me as there is nothing around.
Except will spend a day in a Jademarket in China by mid month.
Summer for us here means lots of storms and thunderheads are a permanent feature in the landscape.

So before I have to go to China for the rest of the month, I did a night-walk with my younger one up to the cabin.
Classroom setting by Kainzer  Kurt, on Flickr
She is studying for her upcoming last year of college, so cant imagine a better setting......
Clasasroom Setting by Kainzer  Kurt, on Flickr
Dark at times, and thunderheads floating by left and right, makes it a nice atmosphere. :)

While she kept occupied, I made up a target and cleaned the shooting-range, set the distances for 20 and 40 meters.
Shooting range by Kainzer  Kurt, on Flickr
Dang,... 40 meters looks far. Will need some time to work myself up to it.

With the new phone, a new hobby seems emerging. Before I looked more for landscapes, now I'm more into animals big and small.
Friendly neighborhood visitor coming to greet us a Good Morning, from time to time....
Good Morning Village Life by Kainzer  Kurt, on Flickr
 And....
critters by Kainzer  Kurt, on Flickr

Nasty horsefly
Fly by Kainzer  Kurt, on Flickr
Night crawler
Universe seems to have tipped over some paintpots while this guy was strolling by.....
Lazy late afternoon
Cooling off by Kainzer  Kurt, on Flickr

And, hello and goodbye

Thanks for looking, Kurt
Anything not given, is lost.

peruano

• Retired Zoologist
Re: Summer fun
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 05:17:33 AM »

I see why you are such a great carver.  You obviously see things of interest and beauty almost everywhere you look.  I enjoy sharing the view from your mountain retreat. I live where there is a good view and lots of space and those are important to my ability to orient every day.  Thanks for the posts.  They are appreciated by many.  Tom 
Combining a love of bikes (pedal and otherwise) with hiking, hounding, lapidary, and the great outdoors

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 06:32:46 AM »

I was wondering if you were going on a trip to China again. Have fun and keep us posted please.

Asianfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 07:24:04 AM »

I see why you are such a great carver.  You obviously see things of interest and beauty almost everywhere you look.  I enjoy sharing the view from your mountain retreat.   Tom 
Thank you. Its fun and keeps one looking for more.
To me, the closeups make things more interesting, and because of all the details, actually far less scary than for a casual observer.
Simple things like the fly, something easily dismissed, yet when I look at the picture, that creature looks elegant and regal. Deserving the same admiration usually reserved for dragonflies or butterflies. 

I was wondering if you were going on a trip to China again. Have fun and keep us posted please.

Yes, we got lucky and got two camps this year. So, we will be there for the rest of the month, starting Sunday, and a few more days in August.
Looking forward to re-visit Hualin Jademarket and hope to find some stuff with the orange skin again.
Anything not given, is lost.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 08:08:12 AM »

I love all your pictures, Kurt.  The landscape ones and now the closeups of the critters.  The details are outstanding.  The beetle under the toad there is amazing!

Have a great time in China and I hope you find yourself some good material at the market!  Take lots of pictures with your new phone.   :icon_sunny:
Robin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 35 queries.