Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rhodonite & jade chains  (Read 3620 times)

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: Rhodonite & jade chains
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 06:49:03 AM »

If it were me, I'd probably find a way to incorporate it into a necklace.  Bracelets take a beating getting whacked against stuff and I'd be scared to death of breaking it.
Robin

auscarver

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 04:38:49 AM »

Thanks, point taken, I think it will be a necklace, I finished the final link today, very cold here today, I pushed myself to finish this, I prefer to carve in sunlight, no artificial light seems to show enough detail, or I could just be going blind, a big learning curve this, will post again when its finished.

Bluetangclan

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 07:23:39 AM »

So how many hours would you say each link took? That looks amazing, even the material is really cool. Looking forward to seeing progress on the jade part.

auscarver

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »

Thanks Bluetangclan, i have lost count on the hours, I have not touched this for around 10 days, up to 1200 diamond smoothing today on the 5th link, some of the end links are a bit thin but I think they will stay in one piece.

ileney

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 10:20:03 AM »

This is just stunning. Were you thinking of setting it with giant blackened silver links as a collar or with just a regular bright polished chain, or gold or ...? I would love to see this finished. It's just spectacular.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 35 queries.