Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: what kind of saw set up is this?  (Read 1521 times)

Silverstone

Question: what kind of saw set up is this?
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:48:46 AM »

Hi all,
Ran across this you tube inlay bail video today and wondering what kind of saw/grinder set up is being used.  Looks custom.  I'm not mechanical, but any ideas on how to put something like this together or where to get it?  I've never run across this combo before.  I grind on a 6 wheel Cab King and I do have an extra flat lap set up on the end but don't know if I can put a trim saw on it.  Anyway the video is pretty amazing.  I like the way he has the blade and flat lap grinder so close for his inlay work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QRrULdnQ4s&t=70s
How many roads must a man walk down before he admits he is lost?

bobby1

Re: Question: what kind of saw set up is this?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »

It looks like a custom saw blade assembled with a smaller lap on a poly arbor. They are running it dry and I'm not sure what type of blade or lap would be compatible with running dry.
Bob

Slabbercabber

Re: Question: what kind of saw set up is this?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:55:03 PM »

They can all run dry if you don't care about your health.  Faster cut shorter life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 6.616 seconds with 27 queries.