Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turquoise cab benefit auction?  (Read 1835 times)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Turquoise cab benefit auction?
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:47:11 PM »

There was a post for a benefit Auction of a Turquoise cab and I bid several times on the auction.  The last I saw of it I had posted 16.00 and then there was a reply of "Anyone else?".  I never saw a post that the auction had finished and I have looked at my post history and my bid posts are gone and I cannot find the auction post anywhere,  Was the auction post deleted, if not I cannot find it?

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Turquoise cab benefit auction?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »

There was a post for a benefit Auction of a Turquoise cab and I bid several times on the auction.  The last I saw of it I had posted 16.00 and then there was a reply of "Anyone else?".  I never saw a post that the auction had finished and I have looked at my post history and my bid posts are gone and I cannot find the auction post anywhere,  Was the auction post deleted, if not I cannot find it?

My understanding was Phil yanked the auction because he felt the cab was not going for anything close to what it was worth.  I would direct any questions to him regarding that cab.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 09:07:40 PM »

That is fine, just would have been appropriate to say so rather than just delete it without any mention.  Also if there was a minimum that the cab was worth then the auction should have had a minimum start price.  The auction just stated highest bid wins.  I don't need the cab or want it at this point it was just the way this was handled that was wrong. :shocked:

likesrocks

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »

This is the second thread /posts regarding Turquoise that have been handled in this fashion in the last two weeks. I hope this is not the standard operating procedure.

Have a blessed day all!

PhilNM

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 06:16:12 PM »

Steve. I did post the sale was cancelled. Sorry it went south.

Likesrocks.. sorry, but I don't run charity auctions. If there aren't enough people interested to post honest value bids, I'm not giving them away. It was for the benefit of this site, and I felt the bids were not doing either the site of the cab justice. Don't know about a 2nd issue.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »

That is fine, just would have been appropriate to say so rather than just delete it without any mention.  Also if there was a minimum that the cab was worth then the auction should have had a minimum start price.  The auction just stated highest bid wins.  I don't need the cab or want it at this point it was just the way this was handled that was wrong. :shocked:

I have not been handling the auctions. 
Though I can agree that it would have been better to have posted a minimum start price to the cab.  Then if the cab didn't hit the required price just close down the auction with a message and leave the thread in place so others can see that it didn't just disappear.

PhilNM

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 10:44:52 PM »

I hear you. falls under the no good deed goes unpunished clause I guess. My memory isn't what it used to be.

edgarscale

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 07:01:25 AM »

phil, i thank you for what you have done and contributed and sold in the past.  i am rather a newbie here but i'm grateful and i know everyone else is here too.  sht happens and let's move on.  no disrespect meant to anyone......how is your health? how is your big sale going? 

50% rockhound and 50% wire wrap
       ='s one great pendant

PhilNM

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 10:45:46 AM »

phil, i thank you for what you have done and contributed and sold in the past.  i am rather a newbie here but i'm grateful and i know everyone else is here too.  sht happens and let's move on.  no disrespect meant to anyone......how is your health? how is your big sale going? 

Not going anywhere. I decided I need to window each lot to show color and etc, then probably sell one at a time on ebay in order to get true value for them. Have one sort of offer for the lot, but still, I need to window and etc to show what the high grade material really looks like.... here's a couple...

edgarscale

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 05:17:32 PM »

really nice, love the deep black matrix

50% rockhound and 50% wire wrap
       ='s one great pendant

PhilNM

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »

Thanks.
Those are called Smoky Bisbee Blue from the Lavendar pit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 44 queries.