Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 950 times)

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: November 23, 2017, 06:44:52 AM »

Here's wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy your dinner, family, friends and all the things you have in your life to be thankful for.   :icon_sunny:
Robin

Jhon P

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 07:38:31 AM »

Thank you. Happy thanksgiving to all.
Going over to my son’s. First holiday with my youngest grandson. Looks like all of my children and grandchildren will be there

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »

Thank you & back at ya!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Stonemon

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 09:30:21 PM »

Burp... oh, excuse me, perhaps I ate just a bit too much!  :occasion14: Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 07:55:48 AM »

:toothy12:
Robin

Back

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »

Hi All

Day or 2 late as always.

Hope everyone had a good time with family. I did. My family is so far apart in distance that we are lucky when most can show up. We were only missing 4 on Friday when we had our dinner at mom's. It was some good time and some sad times.

Part of the good. I got 80 more lbs of Nethers farm rough flint. I also order a 8inch mk 303 trim saw blade and should get it tomorrow.

Some of the sad. Not everyone was there. Some more sad is we had to go through what my late father had left of my late grandfather's knives. Out of the thousands of knifes that he made in his life there was less than 100. My grandfather remarried after my grandmother died. When my grandfather died my father was left nothing.

I am trying to get over that but there were none of the knifes that I made stone handles for were there and my grandfather always said the were mine when he died.

I will post pic's of the knives and rough later.

Bless
shawn

Kaljaia

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »

Did community thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of my neighbors, basically everyone who didn't leave or have a lot of their own family around. Had a great time, and yesterday I got my first elk! First time shooting-at-live-animal, first time stalking, first time for pretty much everything except skinning and quartering. 140 yard shot on a bedded-down cow- she never even stood up. Today I helped one of my neighbors bring their elk in. All told, I think 8 of the 11 cow elk tagholders in my neighborhood got their animals in the last 48 hours. So that's a huge thanksgiving as well!

I'm still sore though. :P and I have finally found the one six-square-mile corner of this place that has zero interesting rock. Walked all over it for ten hours.
- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon.

Stonemon

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 04:13:47 PM »

Congrats on filling your tag! It is a very powerful thing to take an animal of that size. Any size really but my experiences of taking elk have always been very impactful. Lots of enjoyment ahead.
Bill

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 38 queries.