Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to irockhound and his Condor Agate cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: where can i find.....??????  (Read 342 times)

northcanadian

where can i find.....??????
« on: March 21, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »

Not sure if I have posted this in the right spot(?)  I am slicing 15/8" diameter drill core and would like to make pendants without drilling holes.  Is there any place I could get round blank pendant trays this size (maybe 42mm?) that I could epoxy these into?  I would like to gold leaf some images on them and finish with an epoxy clear.  I googled around and can't seem to find that size.

Appreciate any suggestions...thanks

Roger

Jhon P

Re: where can i find.....??????
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:19:17 AM »

Cut a groove around the stone and do a single wire wrap. I use a glass grinder with a jewelry grooving bity

peruano

• Retired Zoologist
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:37:05 PM »

42 mm would be huge for a prefabricated bezel cup (unless you find one made for a belt buckle).  If wire wrap is not an option, then you might consider a glue-on bail (search Rio Grande Lapidary for Glue on Bails).  I use the for pendants some of which are nearly as large as your drill cores (with E6000 glue). 
Combining a love of bikes (pedal and otherwise) with hiking, hounding, lapidary, and the great outdoors

northcanadian

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:02:40 AM »

Thank you for your great input....I'll try the wire/groove idea.  Also I guess I could cut them to a smaller diameter size to fit premade cup sizes, but was hoping to use the size of the core diameter...if it was possible

Much appreciated!

Cheers

Roger

Jhon P

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 06:25:37 AM »

You can make a fence (guide) for a trim saw and that can give you a wider groove
So you can you use a thicker wire.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 28 queries.