Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from Montana and Arizona  (Read 1018 times)

grizman

Hi from Montana and Arizona
« on: June 02, 2017, 09:38:15 PM »

Hi to all you rockers,

I am basically a tumbler, but have the minimal equipment to do some cabs as well as some jewelry, mostly for my wife, sister and family.  My favorite subject to work with is petrified wood.  Currently I am into making wine stoppers out of the rocks I tumble.  I like them in their natural shape.

Because we live in Montana and Arizona, my lapidary equipment is all in AZ as I have too many other hobbies and interests while spending the summer months in MT. 

I am the first to admit that I will learn more from you folks than you will from me, but that will not prevent me from commenting or driving ya nuts with my questions.  I'm glad to be here and learn as much as I can.  "grizman"

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: Hi from Montana and Arizona
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 09:49:03 PM »

Welcome to the forum, grizman, from Northern Arizona!   :hello:
Robin

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »

Welcome from just Southeast of Phoenix!   :hello2:

ToTheSummit

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 06:50:47 AM »

Welcome from Las Vegas.  We love questions here and for anything rock related you will almost always find someone here who has an answer for you.  Besides, I was always taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question, although I have tested this theory extensively and believe I have asked at least one or two along that way.
 :toothy10:

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 09:34:27 PM »

Welcome, I assume the stones have corks attached?  Better to cut in Arizona in the winters!, I hate the stiff fingers from the wet grinder in the cold.

RadiantRocksCT

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 06:48:54 PM »

Great places,  from a rock perspective,  to split your time.  If you end up with too many Montana agates or AZ pet wood I'm sure you will find plenty of help here.  I struggle with Montana agate cabbing because I never think mine are as "artistic" as so many of the fantastic ones I've seen posted.   Hopefully you'll post some for us.

welcome from another newbie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 34 queries.