Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The JoolTool - Any owners/users want to share impressions  (Read 1839 times)

Regina Rock

The JoolTool - Any owners/users want to share impressions
« on: December 07, 2016, 08:53:40 PM »

I searched this forum for info on this and came up empty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N917k-g_ZRU

Does anyone have first hand impressions on this system?

Back

Re: The JoolTool - Any owners/users want to share impressions
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »

Hi Regina

I would personally run and run fast. Sorry but if you are wanting to get into lapidary I would not buy this. I have heard the jewtool mentioned resent but looking at it from the link :LOLOL: . First price the lapidary version is over 1400$. For that you probally get a new Pixie set up. I see many drawbacks of this machine. Here are some more. It is tiny. I think that you would have a problem with any thing bigger than 1 and 1/4 inch. It also has to be done from the bottom and free hand. Some people like free hand and others like to use a dop stick. You can not use this machine with a dop stick so I am a big no. Someone that does free hand might have a different view.

Bless
Shawn

jakesrocks

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 02:03:52 PM »

Why buy a toy when you can get one of these for the same price ? With a little shopping around you can find even better prices. I just copied the first I came to. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUTW-CAB-KING-6-lapidary-grinding-polishing-cabochon-and-25-rock-115-volt/270732980985?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3D1960024ece834001a6d5e47d7be616bf%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D270713694030

LOL. Just watched the JoolTool video. Did you notice the girls chewed up thumbnails ?
A day spent without learning something new is a day wasted.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 08:25:18 PM »

It looks horrid.  I can't even imagine trying to get good radii around the stone.  Watching her just put a window on that stone and she couldn't get a contour in multiple directions.  I would say if you are only going to window things it may have a use, maybe but that is a stretch.  No water supply and it looks like those cutting pads will be needed to be changed a lot and they are probably way more expensive when compared to the longevity of a 6" or 8" wheel.  Not being able to use dop sticks (I cut by hand but many people need dops).  It just looks like a waste of money like all the new workout gimmicks that will change your life.  If you had to go with something similar I would look at the single spindle, flat lap cab machines.  At least with those you have lubrication and can use either hand cutting or with dops with No chance of the tool grabbing the stone (note the warning under where she was working, that warning sticker was there for a reason).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 33 queries.