Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bertrandite, need a mineral expert or  (Read 3139 times)

Mark

Re: Bertrandite, need a mineral expert or
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 03:12:11 AM »

Nice druzy there fossil.  Yellows, blues, and purples, nice color variety.  I may have many of my pics on this notebook, i'll have to look around and will post them if i can find them.  I have heard stories of back when they let people in to collect on weekends or nights.  I remember that there was an incident or two where someone took out tons and tons at a time and the mines management was not happy and closed it down totally to collecting.  Its really sad when a site closes down and there is still stone left.

Mark

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 05:21:51 PM »

I found some of my pics on my notebook, so here are a couple.  There are 2 slabs and 2 pics of each.  The one piece is half deep purple Tiffany and half multicolored from tans to oranges with a bit of druzy.  The is one really weird piece.  There is a normal shot and a closeup where you can see the line that delineates the two types of stone.  The other piece is also a half and half stone with a distinct line between the different halves. The one half is purples to grays with the other half cremes to white with some agate and druzy.  I'll look and see what else i can find.

Mark

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 05:45:38 PM »

Here's a few more.  First a pastel piece with almost orb patterns in places.  Then there is a piece that is half normal Tiffany and then half that is a bluish agate type stone.  I have a full view and a close up.  The last one is a very richly colored piece with colors from red, creme, purple, black, and white.

Mark

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 06:14:58 PM »

A few more.  First a really kool piece with a hole in the middle and quartz.  Next a piece with some really bright colors.

55fossil

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 09:05:33 PM »

Very nice material.....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 35 queries.