Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glad to be on board  (Read 881 times)

ASO

Glad to be on board
« on: September 11, 2017, 10:23:12 AM »

Hi every one my name is Adam and I am a professional opal cutter and dealer from the US.  My wife and I run a company called A&S Opals LLC and one of our missions is to help reeducate the public and professionals alike on this somewhat forgotten gemstone.  We have a wealth of knowledge about not only opal but gold prospecting and all things Australia.  I look forward to lending any incite that I can and having a yarn with everyone, hopefully I can get some face time with some of you on the gem-show circuit.

Cheers Adam   

Jhon P

Re: Glad to be on board
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 12:25:48 PM »

Welcome from Nevada, home of the virgin valley opals

edgarscale

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »

welcome from collingwood, ontario

50% rockhound and 50% wire wrap
       ='s one great pendant

ASO

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 10:47:40 PM »

Thanks John P seeing a show about the Royal Peacock opal mine in NV when I was about 6 or 7 years old along with a documentary about Coober Pedy when I was 5 is what first peeked my life long interest in opal above all other gemstones.  I have made it all the way over to the Australian opal fields many times but have yet to make it out to northern NV.  Perhaps next year after the Vegas show, I have a friend out that way that wants to explore his property on the back side of the peacocks with me.  I love looking at virgin valley opal because of the depth of color, memorizing stuff.  Ill probably try to do a bit of gold detecting up that way as well.   

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 06:53:47 AM »

Welcome to the forum, from Northern Arizona!   :hello:
Robin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 31 queries.