Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scio,Oregon Petrified wood  (Read 1572 times)

lapidaryrough

• www.lapidaryrough.com
Scio,Oregon Petrified wood
« on: November 21, 2017, 05:45:32 PM »

Any interest in highly agatized petrified wood from from Crabtree cr. area Scio,Oregon.  ( Roger Mt. )

This is what was found in past from the 60s - Gold claim now on top of Roger mt.  You know what gold their hauling out,It's  not fire wood. tell 3005 F degrees.

Jack

Silicate life form

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: Scio,Oregon Petrified wood
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 10:34:34 PM »

I can see some fantastic cabs coming from the zone where the light and dark meet.  All the petrified wood they are digging up is probably just going into the dumps since it isn't gold.

lapidaryrough

• www.lapidaryrough.com
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:53:02 PM »

I should rephrase that about the claim. too the east about 1.5 miles. is Prospect mt. where old gold claims were.
Though every Butte over 1200 FT. Ele. has a gold layer. in the valley. This material was encapsulated 65 million yrs. ago. with over 700 ft. of ash. in an around Lacomb Oregon. Roger Mt. is the ridge from Franklin Butte too High water on Thomas Cr.

Sweethome,Oregon Strata  of petrified wood is the same ash bed. though we have  three strata layers  in Oregon 240 / 130 / 65 million Bp. Little north fork Santiam river has decaying petrified logs from the 240 encapsulation of ash.  then over that strata was 130 million Bp. for the Ginkgo  P wood and the thunder egg bed Rhyolite slag on basalt ( Hens egg house ) flows and the same  for 65 milllion Bp.  When the rock hit Yucatan.   

In the Columbia gorge,  At the base of Dry Falls State park.  Are strata layers 70 in all showing. Though wounder what is the real count, 70 -  100 every glacier leaves a gravel bed.  And same glaciers wipe off 2-4 layers and  one behind.
  All in the Creek between Washington & Oregon.

glacial  fine silt clay out too continental shelf. and back too Biggs Jct. Just for  you to play in the MUD.
 Rock too mud. Jasper in the saw tank.   

''   All the petrified wood they are digging up is probably just going into the dumps since it isn't gold. ''

Fine more gold ,  in  teeth. The  Petrified wood from Roger mt.  IN SORT, The wood rates  side by side with Cherry Creek Arizona petrified wood the steak red material !
Silicate life form

peruano

• Retired Zoologist
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:50:56 AM »

wood with that many contrasting colors would slab up beautifully.  I love the excitement of cutting into that kind of material. 
Combining a love of bikes (pedal and otherwise) with hiking, hounding, lapidary, and the great outdoors

Jhon P

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 05:41:53 AM »

How much $
And do you have a piece that I can get a least. 4” cube out of god a sphere. I can see some nice knifes out of it too

sammygator

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 12:20:38 PM »

I am interested. Please PM with details if you want to sell any.

Sam

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

lapidaryrough

• www.lapidaryrough.com
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »

http://www.lapidaryrough.com/Oregon_petrified_wood_rough.html

Material listed on page is for 10''-14'' saws.

Please email for sizes  for 24'' saws.

Went through the store, Stock boy cleaned shop. need too share my world more...Later

Contact page for  email & Phone   Jack Cole

Silicate life form
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 36 queries.