Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diamond Demon Polisher  (Read 1473 times)

Mary845

Diamond Demon Polisher
« on: November 30, 2017, 07:52:54 AM »

Hi All....I saw that there was a discussion about this polisher on the old forum.   A "guest" by the name of ColorShapeTexture mentioned that he could get parts for these old vintage machines.   I just recently bought one and would like to know where to get discs that fit rather than have the machine modified, if at all possible.   Does anyone know how to get in touch with this person or have any other valuable info for me?   Much appreciated...and many thanks for allowing me to join this forum.   I am sure I will acquire a wealth of information from all of you knowledgeable members!

Slabbercabber

Re: Diamond Demon Polisher
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 01:23:57 PM »

Before I sold mine I bought a lot of disks on Ebay.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 06:13:30 PM »

I still have my Diamond Demon but it is in storage, I thought I remember using just standard laps.  Is the center arbor different or is just a 6" vs 8"?

Mary845

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 10:46:01 AM »

It should just take 6" pads....no center arbor just two 6" back plates to puts discs on.  I'm looking at Arrowhead Lapidary Supply and it appears they probably have what I need.   I will call them and talk to them before ordering though.   I did see a post somewhere where someone talked about having to modify their machine in order to get discs to fit.   It was probably a different model....the one I have is simple.   Bought it from a lady whose husband bought it 35 years ago, along with an 18" saw that my husband bought, a grinder, lots of rocks, etc.   However, the fellow never did anything with it so everything has been sitting in their garage for 35 years...LOL   The polisher hums after all of those years and my husband's saw sounds good too after all that time...his is a Great Western model and that company went out of business over 30 yrs ago.   We're rockhounds and happy to have our equipment even though they are "vintage."

gemfeller

• Art Cut Gems
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »

Someone help me out here.  I have an image stuck in my head of Diamond Demons fitted with curved (dished) diamond wheels.  I think the idea was to help with cab doming.  Yet when I searched for images all the machines had flat disks. 

Am I thinking of some other machine?  Or have most users modified their DD's with flat disks?   

Slabbercabber

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 02:39:34 PM »

Yes there were cup shaped disks for the DD.  They were expensive and not many were sold.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 07:48:27 PM »

That is true I have a couple of the dished disc with my unit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 36 queries.