Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 finished. Sand gardens. 20+- pics  (Read 5369 times)

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: 3 finished. Sand gardens. 20+- pics
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 06:41:57 PM »

Beautiful!   :headbang:
The stones that look like mountains work the best in the design.   :icon_sunny:

wampidy

• A ring on the hand is worth two on the bush
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »

I was afraid that it would be difficult to tell the size but wasn't sure how to do a good photograph with a ruler included. This may help a little. The tines in the rakes are the head ends of fancy toothpicks and the handles are 4.5 inches long and 1/8th inch in diameter. The lengths of the gardens range from 12 inches long and 6 inches wide to 14 inches long by 8 inches wide. Most of the stones are fist sized and under.

None of the rocks are glued down. The larger ones will stay put pretty good but the smaller ones will move real easy when bumped with the rake. I think they would be really difficult to ship with the rocks attached so if someone buys one they will have to glue down the stone wherever they want it. Also, if I do not glue a stone down people can choose the stone they want to go with their garden..
Jim
I threw a stone into the air.
It came to earth "ouch"
I now know where.
You can quote me on this, I have the scar.

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2015, 12:51:50 AM »

Wow, the workmanship on these is nice!  What a cool idea; I hadn't really wrapped my head around your concept, seeing the pics helps quite a bit.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 30 queries.