Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Jasper cab  (Read 857 times)

axllaird

Red Jasper cab
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »

hounded from South Queensferry beach...

DCAM0147 2.jpg
*DCAM0147 2.jpg (396.22 kB . 800x600 - viewed 252 times)

Just seeing if this works.

Stonemon

Re: Red Jasper cab
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 06:54:02 PM »

Very nice! Always nice to work the local stuff... not so local to here! Great red.

Bill

LithicStrings

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 09:07:12 PM »

Nice stone .Where is that locale?

axllaird

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 08:14:44 AM »

Hi lithic strings South Queensferry is in West Lothian Scotland and the beach was next to the Forth Rail Bridge...i have since found a great location for red jasper around Carnoustie(Open Golf Course)here is a sample from there...but the pebble was a bit fractured unfortunately, i must have picked up 100kg in 2 visits collecting larger stones...its an illness  :glasses9:

DCAM0019 2.jpg
*DCAM0019 2.jpg (601.2 kB . 800x600 - viewed 193 times)

DCAM0020.JPG
*DCAM0020.JPG (449.02 kB . 800x600 - viewed 215 times)

LithicStrings

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 10:01:52 AM »

Your jaspers have similar problems to ours on the west coast of north america in that we both have tectonically  disturbed stone and additionally they are subjected to the harsh beach environment.The typ[hoons that have been devastating Japan this year have sent huge swells across the Pacific ocean that have traveled up the  strait of Juan de Fuca and ripped  a few beaches up. As bad as our massive winter storms but very localized  and very nice for collecting  but tough on the rocks.

axllaird

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 04:32:13 PM »

Its amazing the force of nature when you stop to look. A pebble beach i visit near Kinghorn fife disappeared, just sand left, and 6 months later the rocks came back? I would imagine our weather is a little more tepid than yours LithicStrings but we still get our share. I'm hoping to find some material out of what i've collected worth cabbing i'll post some pics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 38 queries.