Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: John day fossil beds  (Read 3568 times)

AgateMan713

Re: John day fossil beds
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 11:45:43 AM »

Hows the tree situation at the above mentioned camps just got the kids some hammocks to relaxe in.

rocks2dust

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 02:13:05 PM »

White Rock has big ponderosa pines, as do many of the other primitive campgrounds in that area that are higher up in elevation. They tend to grow fairly far apart, but there might be a couple close enough to string hammocks. Lower down, toward Prineville, you are getting into junipers, which tend to be branchy all the way to the base.

AgateMan713

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 03:35:17 PM »

And thats why they invented ratchet straps to take up some distance :headbang:

AgateMan713

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »

Well im back didnt get to do alot of hunting but got a little bit of material from a creek over by the ochoco national forest. Driving home was less than pleasing since i84 was shut down due to the eagle creek fire.

rocks2dust

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 10:11:52 PM »

Glad you found some jasp and gathered some familiarity with the area for whenever you have more time to hunt. There is still a lot of material around there. Personally, I find spring and early summer better for collecting (things haven't yet accumulated a summer's worth of algae and dust, so it is easier to spot things like limb casts on the hills and agates in streams).

AgateMan713

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 11:29:17 PM »

Found a nice little agate with some quartz crystals and a piece i think has some jasper in it and possibly found a thunder egg. I plan on going back towards the ochocos and actually do a bit of hunting around john day.

AgateMan713

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 02:56:52 PM »

Well it would seem my kids have absconded with my possible thunderegg. So no pictures of that. But here the agate i found outside the ochoco national forest.rps20171007_145436.jpg
*rps20171007_145436.jpg (26.58 kB . 480x640 - viewed 219 times)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 39 queries.