Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ITS NOT ROCKS !  (Read 3324 times)

JRAGS

ITS NOT ROCKS !
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:15:39 PM »

Yeah it's not rocks, but my daughter and I make a bunch of them. Not sure why, never have the time to actually go some where and try to sell them. I have over 20 some sitting inboxes and no place to go.  But isn't that what they say a hobby is. Some thing that takes up your free time and gives you pleasure but usually leaves you on the back side of a dollar.

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
Re: ITS NOT ROCKS !
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 10:19:44 PM »

do they actually chime in the wind at all?

JRAGS

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »

They're glass. Hell yeah... They make a beautiful racket. with the tiniest breeze. And they're tuned.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:44:06 PM »

So these are just glass, rock and driftwood right?

I'd love to have one for my gardens I'm putting in here at the new house in AZ.  What are you asking for one of these?  I especially like the last one you have pictured. :thumbsup:

Itsandbits

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 01:04:05 AM »

It's not allways about the dollar, If it gives you pleasure and you're rewarded with something that continues to give pleasure; I think you're way ahead of the game. Really nice!!!
rocks and people have a lot in common; one persons "leaverite" is anothers treasure

JRAGS

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 09:10:39 AM »

Just glass and drift wood and even the cork like spacers between the glass are drift wood. I don't like mixing too much stuff together. Some times simple is nicer looking. My daughter mixes up just about every thing she can find and strings it up. Some times their cool but it's a hit or miss thing.
  That one is 55 dollars if it was to be for sale.  But this forum rules state for now, I cant sell any thing which is fine with me as for now I am extremely happy jut to make friends and learn..but the shipping might be a little high. It's a heavy chime wit all that glass.

JRAGS

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 09:12:25 AM »

Thank you Itsandbits. . It is fun and My daughter a I do have fun together  .

iceopals

• Ice
    • Iceopals Jewelry
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 10:01:55 AM »

They are killer!  I don't know how old your daughter is, but whatever the age, what a wonderful way to bond.    :thumbsup:

Bentiron

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 04:27:57 PM »

Those are pretty! WOW! A friend gave me 10 pounds of bead rejects from India and I strung them on copper wire and put them on the paloverde trees and creostoe bushes out front of our house near the street on Christmas, made over 60 ornaments, by January I only had 5 left. My neighbors helped themselves to "Christmas" decorations, that"s OK, but it would have been nice if they had asked first and a thank you would have been nice too.

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 09:24:19 PM »

These are super cool!  What a neat idea, I like the color and I like the fact that you even tune them.  You should put some up for sale in the for sale section.

Donnies58

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 06:18:11 AM »

Wow, those are really cool!!  Hey, maybe you could do a little clip of how they sound in the breeze!  :blob10:

Helene Fielder

• Administrator
    • Helene Fielder Sculptures
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »

What fun and a fantastic price.  Sell them and give others some of that pleasure.
Helene

JRAGS

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 04:53:21 PM »

The problem is not selling them. It's shipping them. Their odd size makes it just a challenge to pack and box. I have two very large boxes full of them. Probably 18 or 20 some. I would sell them all for just 20 bucks a piece if someone would just take both boxes away.  So now I don't put the glass on them until nearing a time where I am planning to actually sell them. The frames are made and they too are starting to pile up.  The glass pieces are all polished and drilled and bagged waiting. Hell, 275.00 for all of them would even work. I just need the room. Here's a shot of my frame stock just sitting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 48 queries.