Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DP pixie saw attachment  (Read 1117 times)

olaf

DP pixie saw attachment
« on: May 04, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »

Does any of you have also made bad experiences with the DP pixie saw attachment? Yesterday I installed the attachment on my Pixie according to the instructions. However,  when I turned on the machine the motor was running but the shaft didn`t move. Only as I removed the saw table from the machine the shaft worked well again. I got the impression that the motor of the Pixie is to weak for the saw attachment.

Greetings,
Olaf

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: DP pixie saw attachment
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »

I have a 4" non pixie called "The Opal Machine" from Gem-Tech that had a blade attachment.  This unit has a very small motor and a rheostat on it's power and even this little guy has no problem cutting.  This was my first little saw and of course as a beginner I tried cutting pieces much to large for the 4" and it still did just fine.  I would assume that the Pixie should have plenty of torque to use the saw.  Is there perhaps something in binding on the attachment or cutting table for the blade?

Back

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »

Hi Olaf

I have a genie with the saw attachment and there is no problem. I am assuming that it is on right side just like the genie. You say the motor is running? Is the left side turning? If so then you probally dont have the saw adapter installed/tightened correctly. If the left side is not turning then I think that you have something in a bind.

Hope that helps.

Bless
Shawn

olaf

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 01:56:13 PM »

Yes, it is on the right side. The left side of the pixie didn`t move when I started the machine. When I took the saw table away the shaft including the saw blade were running in a normal way. The attachment including the adapter were installed exactly according to the instruction. I had the impression that the saw blade was blocked by the foam construction under the saw blade. Finally I sent it back to the dealer. In Germany this attachment costs 372 Euro (ca. 402 Dollar) so I didn`t want to make "experiments" with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 30 queries.