Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zebra marble  (Read 900 times)

Jhon P

Zebra marble
« on: October 08, 2017, 06:27:07 AM »

4”. The rock was a gift from Sandsave

Orrum

Re: Zebra marble
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »

That's my new personal fav Jhon!

Jhon P

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »

😄
You want to trade me for that graves mountain kyanite?

Orrum

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 06:37:26 PM »

Oh no but I know where there is a bunch of Wenden marble you will eventually get in the mail and maybe I get a lil one back!!!   LOL

Jhon I went to a show back in the early summer and saw the folks that gave me that big hunk of kyanite. Told them about it and then I gave them a big Old Crow Springs turquoise cabochon as a gift!  They loved the turquoise, it was a classic piece with the nutmeg brown Mattox swirled with black and army gren swirls and blotches of turquoise. He wants to send it off to make a wrist band type bracelet like a bracer to wear. I felt good about it, I love my sphere!!!

Jhon P

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 09:09:01 PM »

That graves mt rock is pretty nice, I keep mine in the display cabinet, I rotate the other spheres but that one is alway on display. And not for sale!

Orrum

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 05:20:42 AM »

Yep you did good Jhon. The folks told me where on the mountain to get more. Problem being the claim is owned by the rock club and they open it once a year for a 4 day hounding trip and rock swap and camping. The next problem is that the pyrite looking rocks that are actually kyanite are a long walk thru the rock field on the side of a steep mountain. I am going some time but I have to talk the lovely Susan into hiking around there and bring me a couple back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 36 queries.