Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prescott AZ Show  (Read 2546 times)

vitzitziltecpatl

Prescott AZ Show
« on: August 06, 2018, 08:43:15 AM »

Oops. Robin and I were so busy getting ready for the show we didn't post about it in advance. Sorry if anyone missed it due to our forgetting to do that.

Show set an attendance record of 5,214 paid admissions, and with some new vendors (60+ booths total) this year it was even more varied and interesting.

This was our sixth year as vendors, and the club really has turned it into a great show. We had a buyer here on vacation from New Jersey, and she was very happy she decided to check it out. Several vendors were also very happy she came to the show. She was spreadin' joy all around the place...!

Next year we'll try to remember to post about it before the show.

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: Prescott AZ Show
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 06:18:38 PM »

A couple of forum members made the trip to the show. That's always fun. For others on here who have never seen our show setup I'm including a couple of photos. This is the only "real" show we do right now.

bilquest

• Rocks and Stuff
Re: Prescott Az Show
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:20:43 PM »

I always look forward to your show, not only is it an excuse to get out of the Phoenix heat, but it's always nice to chat with kindred folk. It certainly felt more crowded than previous years, but that's a good thing. After we left the show we took the scenic route through Jerome, one of my favorite haunts. Along the way I finally found the Mingus Mtn. jasper/hematite site and brought back a few slab-n-cabber pieces. It was my idea of the perfect day, thanks for putting on a great gem show!

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:25:29 PM »

Thanks! The club keeps working to make it better each year. Our show chair has been working toward having as much diversity as possible in the types of items available there. Diamond Pacific's 40-foot long booth is a big draw too.

Am glad to hear you finally found the red-and-black up there. A family friend had a home in that area years ago, but I've never been out there.

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 09:07:28 PM »

Attendance update. Our show chair said in the post-show email report that 5,706 people attended the show. I'm assuming that includes kids, since the paid attendance number we heard was 5,214.

Hey - kids are good! They drag their parents around to booths the parents might not visit otherwise. Some kids are even civilized enough to not run up and immediately start grabbing whatever they see. Unfortunately they are the minority.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 31 queries.