Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ID please  (Read 860 times)

Lydia

ID please
« on: July 29, 2018, 04:11:51 PM »

Hi everyone...I have this and I think it's chrysocolla or malachite with chrysocolla?? Not real high end...saw a similar piece online that was labeled from the Copper World Mine if that means anything to you. The material is soft enough to break with my super-human girl hands...but I would like to cab it anyhow. Any thoughts?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Slabbercabber

Re: ID please
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 02:46:20 PM »

If it is that soft then I would guess you are right with chrysocolla.  Might pretty piece that.  Definitely worth stabilizing.

Lydia

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 02:50:24 PM »

Oh yeah? Thanks! I wasn't getting any feedback so showed another stone buddy and he said chrysocolla as well. Its kinda cool looking. Will definitely take steps to harden it...been reading up on it. This is a new one for me but fun! Thanks Slabbercabber!

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 05:28:55 PM »

Definitely a match to my Copper World area Chrysocolla.  Although a lot of the material from there is soft there is also a lot of material that is harder and can be cut without stabilization.  The Chrysocolla from there normally has those black almost dendritic like inclusions.

Lydia

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 06:45:32 PM »

Ok good to know!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 31 queries.