Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amethyst from Inyo Mtns CA  (Read 1642 times)

Lydia

Amethyst from Inyo Mtns CA
« on: November 13, 2018, 07:33:59 PM »

Hi! Does anyone know if the aforementioned amethyst crystals are collectable? I can't find anything about them online...or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: Amethyst from Inyo Mtns CA
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 09:38:30 PM »

I have heard of some Amethyst further up the Eastern California ranges but not in the Inyos.  I have found plenty of water clear, Chloride and champagne Smokey crystals all with and without phantoms.  The only location I can think might have Amethyst is down at the bottom of the range near the Green Monster and Reward mines or possibly near Cerro Gordo.

Jhon P

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 08:41:07 AM »

Serious collectors want clear, clean specimens. Value will depend on rarity and quality.  Amethyst is not all that rare and very good specimens come from places like South America

Lydia

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 08:48:18 AM »

Oh for sure...this is just a question of collectability based on location. I know the quality is not great. Thanks for your input though.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Jhon P

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 03:40:04 PM »

I collect rocks for myself because I like it.  If it is for me I don’t care what anyone else thinks. The amethyst is pretty I would collect that and keep it for myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 35 queries.