Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Kawartha Lakes Ontario  (Read 2695 times)

peruano

• Retired Zoologist
Re: Hello from Kawartha Lakes Ontario
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 05:30:24 PM »

A quickie search produced a link for central Canadian gem and mineral clubs and activities. 
http://www.ccfms.ca/Events/field_trips.html
It seems like the scarborough gem and mineral club is your closest source  of like minded folks.  Maybe you are already involved there. 
Combining a love of bikes (pedal and otherwise) with hiking, hounding, lapidary, and the great outdoors

edgarscale

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 10:54:34 PM »

welcome lisa, from collingwood, ontario.  ccfms,ca is a great site to visit.  in april is the next rock gem and mineral  show in Paris, ontario.  it's the first show of the year and a great start too.  run by the nearby Brantford rock gem and mineral club.  north and near there is also Robert Hall Originals (rock store) in St. George (in the industrial area not in the town).  further north again, in Cambridge is Iguana Beads, a bead store.  in Fergus..you guessed it further north is The Gneiss Guy Minerals and Fossils store, by appointment only.  the next best rock show is in your area run by the Kawartha Peterborough rock gem and mineral club.  and a good show to visit is the Sudbury rock and mineral show.  but the very best is the Bancroft rock and mineral show run by the chamber of commerce.....but be cautious because the Bancroft rock and mineral club has a rock show the weekend before. people don't realize that Bancroft has two rock shows back to back.  if you were to go to either i'd choose the one held by the chamber of commerce on the august long weekend.  book 3 months in advance for hotel or campgrounds because they book up fast.  another nearby rock show is in Kingston you might want to check out.  good luck, mary..

50% rockhound and 50% wire wrap
       ='s one great pendant

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »

Hi and a late welcome, I was travelling from California to Florida and back the last 2 weeks for my wife's dog show in Orlando but wanted to welcome you.  In the pics I caught a hint of color I often see in a labradorite or spectrolite.  I didn't see in glancing at the other posts if anyone had given you a identification and there are a lot of way more qualified mineral collectors on the forums that can give you a good idea.  Glad you found the hobby and most importantly that you recovered or are recovering from such a deadly medical event.  Glad to have you with us and love to see your finds as you share.

Steve from Southern California
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 31 queries.