Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quartz Tube Agate Stalactite?  (Read 2902 times)

Ajo

• Red Sky Gems
Quartz Tube Agate Stalactite?
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:21:47 AM »

I wanted to share a specimen that I came across a few months back. I liked it because it has a tube agate center. The agate center is encased within a skin of quartz crystals. I am not sure if this would be considered a stalactite or stalagmite, (maybe something else)? It's a real sparkler when the light hits it. It was hard to photograph the end, so the colors of the agate are a bit washed out. I am not sure where it came from, it was sitting in a box by itself, unmarked. I thought it was neat. Eric.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Quartz Tube Agate Stalactite?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 12:24:34 PM »

I do love the colors on the inside!  Very beautiful piece.  If it were mine I'd be tempted to use it along with other rocks in a display around some candles.  Candle light bouncing off those crystals would be gorgeous!  :thumbsup:

Bentiron

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:30:41 PM »

So, is this a reverse drusy? Very pretty no matter what it is :notworthy:

Itsandbits

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:12:30 PM »

that's a great piece, you have to save it for a specimen. I have the opposite, a hollow volcanic vent tube coated with quartz crystals inside
rocks and people have a lot in common; one persons "leaverite" is anothers treasure

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:33:05 PM »

I have some of the classic amethyst version of these. That is very beautiful , great center.

Ajo

• Red Sky Gems
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 08:07:54 PM »

I have some of the classic amethyst version of these. That is very beautiful , great center.

Come to think about it, I now remember seeing some amethyst one's too, a long time ago. Very neat. Eric.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 37 queries.