Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for thin Jasper slabs  (Read 2547 times)

ILMSteve

• Picks of Destiny
Looking for thin Jasper slabs
« on: December 05, 2017, 06:01:48 AM »

Wondering if anyone might have any thin slabs of Jasper. 1" x 1.5" minimum, 1.5 - 3mm thick preferred. Please let me know. Thanks!

HOOKEDONROCKS

Re: Looking for thin Jasper slabs
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:00:37 PM »

hey,
    what color/type
i have saw,can cut to order.

ILMSteve

• Picks of Destiny
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »

Looking for interesting slabs, either like Picture Jasper or a colorful jasper that has few fractures. I am looking to make guitar picks so anything that has a unique feature or good color would be perfect.

I saw some of your slabs and your Red Jasper Agate and Toucan Roadkill look interesting.

My biggest challenge is to find a jasper that will have minimal fracturing. I've had good luck with blood jasper (I have a stock of Blood jasper) but I really would like to find some different colors.

Also looking for Coprolite or dino bone fossil.

Please let me know if you still have some of that still left and let's work out a deal!

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:56:55 AM »

Where do you live?

ILMSteve

• Picks of Destiny
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:43:12 AM »

I'm in Wilmington North Carolina.

Sapphireminer

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 04:12:03 AM »

Hi ILMSteve I have some Australian ribbonstone slabs  they have some nice colour and paterns if you would like to try a couple of pieces. I will be home early January and can send some photos . There is no cost I would be happy to share this great stone being made into a tool of your trade

ILMSteve

• Picks of Destiny
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 04:52:20 PM »

Hi ILMSteve I have some Australian ribbonstone slabs  they have some nice colour and paterns if you would like to try a couple of pieces. I will be home early January and can send some photos . There is no cost I would be happy to share this great stone being made into a tool of your trade

That is so kind of you! Awesome! I would love to make some picks from your material. Anything that you would send will be appreciated and transformed into picks. What a great story this will make for whoever gets them!

Thank you!

robirdman

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 09:44:12 AM »

I used to make agate and jasper guitar picks, shaped like the regular ones, and they were very popular.  I sold at art fairs and hundreds to a guitar store.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 38 queries.