Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coober Pedy Gossip  (Read 1790 times)

Asianfire

• Global Moderator
Coober Pedy Gossip
« on: June 02, 2015, 07:44:35 AM »

A few weeks ago, another bloke, a local, fell down an old shaft whilst noodling and they recovered the body.

The Mongerals who murdered a 16 year old girl in the 1990s are closer to justice, its a pity we dont have the noose here. Just despicaable charaters who do not deserve to live. God only knows how much other misery and suffering they have caused and got away with.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/coober-pedy-murder-victim-karen-williams-was-bashed-and-buried-half-alive-because-she-witnessed-armed-robbery-court-hears/story-fnii5yv5-1227028153339

Seems the Cops have known for many years but had no evidence.

Re: Coober Pedy Gossip

Unread postby gingerkid » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:43 am
Very sad news, Mick.

Unread postby Rockranger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 am
Wow these guys had it coming for a long time. Brutal way to go. :(

Unread postby PinkDiamond » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 am
That's very sad about the miner, as well as that poor girl, and I hope they get the max sentence. Over here the accomplice would have charges pending too, so I was surprised the other guy wasn't also awaiting trial. That's awful that her family doesn't even have a body to bury and will never have closure until they find her. :?

Unread postby mick » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 pm
I suppose its the same all over, you get idiots in a town and they ruin it. Usually it runs in families and they breed more idiots.

I would think there would be a few hundred bodies at the bottom of shafts in Australia. Some old, some new its been going on for a long time.

A tourist went missing on North Stradbroke Island in QLD. It has the worlds largest fresh water lake on a sand island or something and lots of dingos that bite pommy tourists. (we had a lion park here once where the sign read "Pommy tourists on Bicycles admitted free).

Anyway, 100 people searched for this bloke, they didnt find him. Skeletal remains were found by a tourist years later. He had fallen down a dune or such, broken bones and succumbed to the heat probably. Turns out they walked right past him, professional searchers. So its no wonder people are never found.

I think soon we will have scanning technology that can look through fill to the base of shafts. Gee I should patent this, and then they will find every man and his dog thats been missing.

In Andamooka I think it was some miners dug into another tunnel. They found a skeleton on a cot. Murder, suicide, old age, trapped? who knows, they ignored him and went off in another direction, didnt even tell the cops.

Anything not given, is lost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.