Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-opened Etsy store, world of Hand Made, sort of  (Read 1838 times)

55fossil

Re-opened Etsy store, world of Hand Made, sort of
« on: January 04, 2024, 09:14:32 AM »

Well, I opened my store for Artisan / Hand Made cabochons on Etsy. While I have over 1,000 sales I am not sure if it is worth being there some days. I looked at a store based in India, all hand made cabochons starting below $2 each. Yep, hand made. Over 30,000 sales and about 2,000 cabochons listed. It is like that all over etsy. Saw one store with over 100,000 sales of hand made lapidary items... if you believe them.
    I just listed my items starting around $40 and going up to $200 each. Cannot compete on price so hopefully I can sell some unique pieces to the Jewelry Artisans who do want on of a kind cabochons.
Please stop in for a visit at:    https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlueOwyheeGems

peruano

• Retired Zoologist
Re: Re-opened Etsy store, world of Hand Made, sort of
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 05:35:44 AM »

Nice array of material.  Sometimes that inexpensive foreign material can be reworked with great improvement, but then again that's not as much fun. 
Combining a love of bikes (pedal and otherwise) with hiking, hounding, lapidary, and the great outdoors

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 05:28:01 PM »

I'm bookmarking that shop.  I would much prefer to buy form a North American Artist than someone from overseas.

55fossil

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 05:29:12 AM »

If you let me know you are from the Forum I will always give you a discount. 20% off with a few exceptions of newly listed items. Possibly more on some stuff I will be listing that is a little older or common. I will try and remember to post here if I have a sale. I do have over 1,000 sales so Etsy has been good in the past. We shall see how the future goes.
Thanks for the support.

The re-work idea is a great way to get some expensive material that you cannot buy rough for. I have done this too and enjoyed it. Glad you mentioned it.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 12:39:16 PM »

I bought a few cabs from you that you shipped out yesterday.  Since your stuff was already on sale it was a win!  :headbang:

55fossil

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 05:39:02 PM »

I appreciate every sale, thank you. They shipped the next morning so you should see them soon. Hope you enjoy them.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 08:22:49 AM »

I appreciate every sale, thank you. They shipped the next morning so you should see them soon. Hope you enjoy them.

I am out of town right now, and the earliest I can retrieve it from my US dropshipper in Sumas is probably Saturday.  The package is slated to arrive there today.
Thank you for such speedy shipping.  This Canadian dwelling US citizen appreciates it.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 40 queries.