Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone here facet?  (Read 4468 times)

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
anyone here facet?
« on: April 16, 2016, 08:24:11 PM »

well does anyone here do any facets?

I have some oregon sun stones. beautiful high quality polished pebbles.
I would like to have a few faceted

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: anyone here facet?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 11:38:02 AM »

I used to facet but the economics made it into a hobby for the most part.Faceting is extremely time heavy and you can buy stones of a certain type for far less than you could pay someone to facet it.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 05:57:50 PM »

I was learning, but my faceting machine got out of alignment when I moved to AZ, so it's useless until I can get it fixed.  Too expensive right now, but hopefully in the future I'll be able to afford it.  If I ever get machine fixed and start again, I'll let you know.   :dontknow:
Robin

Hayden Stone

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »

Hi,

I just signed up for the forum. I am teaching myself to facet, but I would not trust myself to your beautiful sun stones. I suggest contacting the United Faceters Guild. They should ge able to point you to an experienced facetor.

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:13:15 PM »

Hi,

I just signed up for the forum. I am teaching myself to facet, but I would not trust myself to your beautiful sun stones. I suggest contacting the United Faceters Guild. They should ge able to point you to an experienced facetor.

message me your address, i have a bunch of them.

hiltmo

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 04:00:46 PM »

I facet.  I've dug sunstones at Plush and have found that a lot of the rough is very fractured.  Cool to get nice stones from rough you've found. 

I've also faceted peridot from stuff we've found at Kilbourne Hole in NM. Small, but pretty. 

stoneya93

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 08:31:57 PM »

This is an old topic, but I'm getting into faceting. I just did finished my first lemon quartz. I'm faceting a fluorite by hand right now. The only opportunity I have to work on a machine is every 3 months at our guild at the moment. Anyways, I just had to say to hiltmo how beautiful those stones are that you faceted. Excellent work my friend.

metalsmith

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 02:46:03 PM »

Hi, I'm a newb to this forum, but have been cabbing for a few years and having been going +1 on bevelling my cab edges. So I've started facetting: I was lucky enough to pick up a barely used Facetron recently and am trying to use it pretty much day-in day out, just so that everything I learn gets embedded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 38 queries.