Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New member with question: spitter or drip?  (Read 3239 times)

Jhon P

Re: New member with question: spitter or drip?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Premier-Line-742G-Submersible/dp/B000BDB4UG
Bucket heater, when the water gets to the temperature you want unplug it. It will bring it up to a boil!
I have one I used when I was set up in the garage, I seldom use it now that I am in a heated shop

gemfeller

• Art Cut Gems
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 01:03:07 PM »

Great idea Jhon, and thanks.  But I'm not recirculating water.  This is cold water coming directly from the inlet line to the water heater.  I could perhaps tap into the hot water line and hope the water would cool down enough by the time it reaches my machine.  But I'd need a plumber or someone more knowledgeable than me to rearrange the existing piping.  Maybe a plumber could set up some sort of hot/cold mixing method but that's getting pretty complicated.

Jhon P

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »

How about an in-line water heater like they use for one sink. Should be able to adapt it to your supply
I think they are between $100 and $200

Amylynn

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 06:10:03 AM »

Cab king drips are horrible , the system is very poorly designed , designed to fail . Drip works best overall but Lotone and cab  king have lowered the bar. Diamond Pacific spitters are ok but would not work with silican carbide belts as they do not supply enough water. A drip system based on a bucket on a shelf above the machine with aquarium tubing and a valve served me well for almost half a century .

Lithicbeads,

I just bought a Cabking! What exactly is so bad about it?  I know you told me before about the tubes being small, but it kind of sounds like it could be an easy fix if I do have issues with it. Hopefully anyway. I'm using clean water, I'm hoping it will hold up for a long time. I debated different machines, but this seemed like the best made machine to me..  :dontknow:

Thank you

Stonemon

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »

I have been cutting with an 8" Cabking for several years. I do have to pull apart the water drippers from time to time and clean out the orifices. I get algae growth in the tubes during the warm weather and it tend to break loose and clog the openings from time to time.
Bill

Bill

Amylynn

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 03:44:27 PM »

Oh gotcha. That beats trying to fix a broken pump!

Stonemon

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 03:53:09 PM »

The pumps are cheap and available. I am still using the original pump that came with the machine but I bought an equivalent off of amazon and have it available in case my pump fails. Seems if you are going to have a failure it always happens Friday afternoon!  :dontknow:
Cost me $16.00 or something.
Sounds like you are getting this all sorted out.
Bill

Bill

Amylynn

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 07:06:59 PM »

Oh, I should have specified! I actually meant a pump on a pixie! I had one for about a month and had issues with the pump, so I sent it back! But that's a good idea. The one on the Cabking looks pretty durable though too.. might not need it!  I am certainly trying to :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 42 queries.