Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8lb agate node polished, is it worth the 20 I paid for it?  (Read 945 times)

ducalion

8lb agate node polished, is it worth the 20 I paid for it?
« on: February 22, 2018, 12:10:22 AM »

I feel like it was worth more but I don't know all the types of agate offhand but I know I've seen this type before, lol but I do know that not knowing something while knowing to have known whats unkown leaves me with known unknowns, and i don't have to tell you about the known knowns, but the unknown knowns are what we need to know so that we don't live in a world where there may be unknown unknowns such as this bad attempt at a real speeh that was awesome oratory! Anyway if you could Id it that would be really cool I'm going to give it to my grandma who's probably not going to live through the year she was a lifelong rockhound/native American artifact collector so im hoping this is a really awesome find! Thanks

peruano

• Retired Zoologist
Re: 8lb agate node polished, is it worth the 20 I paid for it?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 04:53:36 AM »

Of course its worth it as a gift to special person, and as something that caught your eye.  I hope the recipient enjoys the rock as much as you did the acquisition. 
Combining a love of bikes (pedal and otherwise) with hiking, hounding, lapidary, and the great outdoors

ducalion

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 06:24:10 AM »

Thanks she should enjoy it. Damn my wretched phone camera! that banding is hard to capture in hindsight I shouldn't have posted, I need a way to post from my Kodak Kodachrome!

Jhon P

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 07:00:00 AM »

Looks like Brazilian agate
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 34 queries.