Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gary Green Jasper, McDermitt  (Read 6599 times)

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone
Re: Gary Green Jasper, McDermitt
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2018, 04:47:49 PM »

They are just now getting some of this new Jasper listed on Ebay.  Do a search for caldera jasper and you will find the listings.

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 08:55:15 PM »

Good variety of colors there. Thanks for the info.

Sandsave

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 06:37:12 PM »

Thanks for the update I'll relay the info to our local club
I have spheres of the dark green and blue, but not the red/pink I'd like a sphere of that I might check eBay. I don't really like to buy online, I like to be able to self collect or a least hold in your hand before buying.

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 09:36:06 PM »

Thanks for the update I'll relay the info to our local club
I have spheres of the dark green and blue, but not the red/pink I'd like a sphere of that I might check eBay. I don't really like to buy online, I like to be able to self collect of a least hold in your hand before buying.

They have pieces up to hundreds of pounds in their store/yard on Lasa St in McDermitt.

BlueWood

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »

Is there a Phone number for Dale or e-mail?  If I cannot go out and collect I would prefer to touch and examine the material before buying.  If I drive all the way out there I want to make sure someone is there.  Thank you for the all the information.

jerrysg

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2018, 11:44:55 AM »

OK, now I am totally confused! Redrummd your slab of Gary Green looks very much like a slab I bought at a local show as Hampton Butte Petrified Palm. See first 2 picture of slab both wet and dry. I know that HB and GG are two distinctly different locals. So what do I have? Is there a simple way to tell them apart other than personally digging them?

The third picture is of slabs that I cut from a rough that my wife bought as Hampton Butte. Is it?

Jerry

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »

OK, now I am totally confused! Redrummd your slab of Gary Green looks very much like a slab I bought at a local show as Hampton Butte Petrified Palm. See first 2 picture of slab both wet and dry. I know that HB and GG are two distinctly different locals. So what do I have? Is there a simple way to tell them apart other than personally digging them?

The third picture is of slabs that I cut from a rough that my wife bought as Hampton Butte. Is it?

Jerry

Looks like Gary Green to me and I am about 100% sure it is not any sort of Petrified Palm.

BlueWood

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »

Went out to Mcdermitt and visited the rock shop.  You will see this sign as you are going into Mcdermitt from the south heading north.  Had a great time going thru the rock and buying some.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 38 queries.