Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teaching at Camp Paradise  (Read 2499 times)

bobby1

Teaching at Camp Paradise
« on: September 12, 2016, 06:19:47 AM »

I just got back from teaching lapidary at Camp Paradise. The camp is located in the Sierras 40 miles northeast of Marysville, CA and is sponsored by the California Federation of Mineralogical Societies. It is a two week program where people can take classes on silver smithing, lapidary, casting, chain maile making, bead work, fused glass, ming tree making, wire wrapping and other related activities. Fortunately, I had a friend as an assistant because there were a lot of students that wanted lapidary instruction. We taught lapidary from very basic lapidary up through advanced lapidary including some carving work on cabs with inside curves, making doublets and opal cabbing . We were on our feet all day long bouncing from student to student. There were 7 Genies on hand with two of them belonging to students who wanted to learn how use their machines. Diamond Pacific provided a demo machine and two brand new machines. I had two of mine there for the student's use. The diamond Pacific machines were sold off as used machines at the end of the two weeks. It was a lot of fun watching the newbies go WOW as their first cabs were completed. The weather was pleasant and the food and comraderie was super.
Bob

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
Re: Teaching at Camp Paradise
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 09:03:54 PM »

that would be awesome attending a camp like that and help people!

Windenzee

Re: Teaching at Camp Paradise
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:52:52 PM »

That sounds like a lot of fun not only for the students but also those teaching. Should imagine you need a holiday yourself now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 31 queries.