Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid toll  (Read 1272 times)

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Covid toll
« on: August 31, 2020, 07:40:24 PM »

The lack of lapidary supplies is becoming an issue for some of us , nova wheels in particular.A friend told me today that diamond pacific lost two long term employees to covid and that may partially explain the shortage. Sad.

Felicia

Re: Covid toll
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 09:15:45 PM »

It is truly sad.

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 09:30:08 PM »

Yes, that is sad news.

Have been pretty isolated here, and haven't heard much news from anyone. Have gotten to know Don fairly well over the years, and hearing that makes the pandemic seem even worse.

We only know one couple here who had it, and they got it from an out-of-town family gathering. They both recovered, but it scared the two of us for a couple of weeks.

catmandewe

• Global Moderator
    • Idaho Rock Shop
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 12:30:45 AM »

I talk to Don almost every week  I asked him about this when I read it and he said DP has cut back hours to comply with the covid mandates and they did get a bad batch of wheel blanks that had to be discarded and reordered but they have not lost any employees to covid. They also had some roof work done and that caused some problems, but things are getting back on track.

Tony
www.IdahoRockShop.com

Authorized Diamond Pacific Dealer

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 05:56:14 PM »

Time to recoat wheels with hardened epoxy impregnated with diamonds..

I have been wanting to master a hardened durable mix to make my own points and wheels. But i have Zero time to do anything anymore..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 32 queries.