Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 14" Frantom Arbor removal how to  (Read 828 times)

kanecats

14" Frantom Arbor removal how to
« on: August 31, 2018, 07:20:08 PM »

Hello,
Can someone please help me figure out how to remove the arbor from my Frantom 14"? I would like to paint the saw and change the bearings. If you can also offer guidance on how to change out the bearings, that would be great! Thanks, DianaArbor.JPG
*Arbor.JPG (102.13 kB . 640x480 - viewed 333 times)

Slabbercabber

Re: 14" Frantom Arbor removal how to
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 07:02:31 AM »

See that setscrew collar on the left side of your picture?  Loosen the setscrew.  Try to turn the collar counterclockwise about 15 degrees.  It may not turn but that's OK.  On the other end, Remove the nut and shaft collars and see if there is something similar on that end.  Then drive the shaft out.  Ideally it would be driven with a bearing puller which can be rented from most Napa dealers, but most people just drive it out with a soft hammer or chunk of wood so as not to upset the steel on the shaft.  That is OK if you plan to replace the bearings but if not, that would be a bad way to go.  Beating on bearings causes brinelling and early failure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 29 queries.