Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unusual jewelry...  (Read 2131 times)

pounder2016

Unusual jewelry...
« on: August 10, 2016, 04:00:24 AM »

Ive looked at a lot of beautiful jewelry on this site & others. I didnt have a lot of resources so I had to buy very carefully & over many months, Ive posted my goal to make items that 'slap ur face' when u see them coming at u, a little over the top & sort of 1-of-a-kind items, Ill post another favorite. This emerald pendent was built over several years, stones bought from a supplier in Florida & overall good quality stones, 17 of them. Total weight, 50cts. of columbian emeralds, the pieces are arranged to show good symmetry & the color of the stones are pretty well matched. The gold work is in 18kt yellow & is just over 1/2 oz. The size is shown in inches. I enjoy showing unusual pieces as this because its part of my hobby & the wife loves to wear most of the few items we have. The frame of the pendent is designed to not flex too much but still hold its shape well when worn. The fun part of this pendent is the cost is below $20.000.00/total & is always fun to wear-steve... :headbang: :cool:

Jhon P

Re: Unusual jewelry...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 06:48:35 AM »

That one will get your attention!!! :hello2: I am guessing that you are not planning on selling it (if the wife would even let you)

pounder2016

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:18:36 AM »

:LOLOL:I said this is fun for us both, my jeweler hates it when I walk around with this stuff & I do get looks & an offer now & then, Im also careful about wearing any jewelry because its unreplacable at todays prices, but I can share with people who appreciate nice items :LOLOL: :cool:-steve...

southerly

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 01:08:06 AM »

wow some lovely green in there.

Bluetangclan

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »

Wow, nice piece. Looks similar to a cross a treasure hunter dug up on the Treasure Coast in Florida a few years back. From memory I think the emeralds were larger but there were less of them. It was a treasure galleon sunk carrying goods from South America from one of the several fleets that sank in hurricanes.

Debbie K

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 08:16:01 AM »

Very, very nice! Did you do the metalwork yourself?

The good thing about this is that it will always have value, and over the years it will probably appreciate significantly. Truly an heirloom piece.

Debbie K

pounder2016

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 12:33:10 PM »

The goldwork is done by John Dixon of Maryland, who does all my pendents, over the years he has done me very well, the design for the frame is by me & done to limit flex to a minimum. As we speak the 2nd from the top small round emerald is being replaced with a stone more matching the other stones-should be ready in next day or so & will post the 'finished pendent', should be really nice overall-cant wait! :blob1: :blob1: :occasion14: :headbang: :drool:

pounder2016

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 12:54:04 PM »

As i posted, the pendent is complete with the addition of a new stone 2nd from the top, now this pendent has an overall pleasing report, stones are more balanced as to color & rating just adding to a more complete piece, 50.88cts, over 1/2 oz 18kt yellow gold & fun to wear- :thumbsup: :cool:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 37 queries.