Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Brenda Red plume agate  (Read 1043 times)

Tippin8609

Old Brenda Red plume agate
« on: September 27, 2017, 07:22:25 AM »

I recently purchased some Brenda red from a guy who cleaned out an old well his father had filled many years ago. I've cut quite a bit of this material in the past, always getting a beautiful red micro plume with a bright white background. But about 25% of this batch has some of the most amazing green, pink, gold , black, white and red coloring that I've ever seen. I was wondering if any of you had come across this before. If I can figure out how to post pics I will, thanks Karen

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: Old Brenda Red plume agate
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:40:47 AM »

Hi Karen,

Posting pics is easy.  First resize your pictures to about 800 x 600.  Then on the bottom of your post, there is a section that says "Attach".  Click the browse button and navigate to where you have your resized pictures and click the one you want to attach.  Click the "(more attachments)" blue link to add additional pictures.  Hope that helps!

Looking forward to seeing that Brenda!

Robin

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:51:53 PM »

I can't wait to see the pictures.  Brenda I have only known in the Red and White combo but I am sure people more familiar with the Brenda Plume coud voice agreement.  When I hear those color combinations my mind immediately thinks of Bullion Mountains Plume and not Brenda.

Tippin8609

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 05:39:51 PM »

Thanks for the help on the pics. I'll work on it tomorrow. As far as the Brenda looking like bullion, I have bullion mt. This is definitely Brenda Red. I was checking out rarerocksandgems collector galley- if you click on Philip's stuff and go to page two the first pics there are of this amazing Brenda red. Please check it out, like nothing you can imagine. Much more colorful that Bullion, Karen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 30 queries.