Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, Blacksword here, found a Black Galaxy stone  (Read 1220 times)

Blacksword

Hello, Blacksword here, found a Black Galaxy stone
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:06:58 PM »

Well, I think it is anyway. I had it cut in half, but they left spin marks from the hand held grinder. Can you get simple polish accoutrements at home depot to add to your drill that work well to make it flat?

Thanks in advance, I'll try & post photos.

Jhon P

Re: Hello, Blacksword here, found a Black Galaxy stone
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:42:18 PM »

The only thing that Home Depot would have are 4"diamond  wet grinder pads. If you have an angle grinder they can be used dry. Wear a respirator and don't let the rock get too hot.
You can buy the diamond pads off eBay for a good price.  It would be better to post your question under grinding and cutting. Good luck

Blacksword

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »

Thanks Jhon. will do.

Jhon P

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 12:40:40 PM »

There my be a forum member that has lapidary equipment that is close to you that could help. Also check into any rock and mineral clubs in your area. A lot of them gave a lapidary shop for the use of their members. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 30 queries.