Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apache Chrysocolla and Pietersite  (Read 2464 times)

MurphyStone

Apache Chrysocolla and Pietersite
« on: January 04, 2018, 06:22:10 AM »

Last one of 2017 and First of 2018. 

Jhon P

Re: Apache Chrysocolla and Pietersite
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:38:18 AM »

Very nice! You did very good fitting the stone.  Love the petersite,
The chrysocolla is real pretty, did you do it for display? The rock is pretty soft for daily carry? I did a knife for a friend with Congo malachite but he was just going to put in in a display case.
 Doing knifes can get addictive, I have a box full, I don’t make much of an effort to sell any. I have gave away more than I have ever sold. My wife gives me a hard time, I tell here that I am building inventory for the day I am forced in to retirement

MurphyStone

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:14:31 AM »

Very nice! You did very good fitting the stone.  Love the petersite,
The chrysocolla is real pretty, did you do it for display? The rock is pretty soft for daily carry? I did a knife for a friend with Congo malachite but he was just going to put in in a display case.
 Doing knifes can get addictive, I have a box full, I don’t make much of an effort to sell any. I have gave away more than I have ever sold. My wife gives me a hard time, I tell here that I am building inventory for the day I am forced in to retirement

I make them mostly for myself, but people always seem to be wanting them so if there willing to pay, they leave :)

The chrysocolla actually under cut on me using excessive pressure or heat, but on this knife I really like the textured feel on the grip instead of the slippery high polish. So even though soft, it most likely will be my carry knife.

Jhon P

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »

If you carry it let me know how it holds up. Thanks

southerly

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 03:02:42 AM »

Nice work, great choice of stone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 36 queries.