Let's Rock > Fossils

Fossils!

(1/1)

Kaljaia:
I used to have a great local fossil leaf collection, complete with an ID key and little numbers painted on each one! It's all in a box in my parents' basement :P
Had a visit from an Actual Paleontologist and that inspired me to start paying attention again. So today I retraced some childhood steps and found a few new locations (and a tiny fish!) Had a great time.

And the tiniest fish fossil ever!

hummingbirdstones:
Cool finds, Erika!

irockhound:
Awesome finds.  Is the 2nd pic an acorn?  it looks like one.

Sapphireminer:
Hi Erica love your finds I did a short trip last week looking for some good petrefied wood but stumbled on a patch of leaf fossils instead so I now have a expansion of my rock fetish I will put up some photos in a couple of days for you to check out.
Dave

Kaljaia:

--- Quote from: hummingbirdstones on June 10, 2018, 09:44:13 PM ---Cool finds, Erika!

--- End quote ---

Thanks! :)

--- Quote from: irockhound on June 11, 2018, 12:39:58 AM ---Awesome finds.  Is the 2nd pic an acorn?  it looks like one.

--- End quote ---

Giant horse tail, actually. But yeah the ends look like seeds and threw us off a couple times on today's trip.

--- Quote from: Sapphireminer on June 11, 2018, 12:40:36 AM ---Hi Erica love your finds I did a short trip last week looking for some good petrefied wood but stumbled on a patch of leaf fossils instead so I now have a expansion of my rock fetish I will put up some photos in a couple of days for you to check out.
Dave

--- End quote ---

Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you found! Yeah leaf fossils are addictive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version